Sutton, Surrey, SM1 1EL
Crown Agents is an international development specialist, working with leaders across the world to make profound changes to systems, organisations and society. Crown Agents takes on challenging work and delivers extraordinary results time and time again.
We work with governments, companies and NGOs across four continents in more than 100 countries. We have offices in more than 33 countries and speak more than 50 languages.
Our expertise in public finance, banking, investment, institutional development, supply chain and training enables governments to increase prosperity, reduce poverty and improve health. Crown Agents is resourceful and committed with the know-how and experience to cut through complexity and deliver results.
Crown Agents values its employees and promotes equal opportunities. We are actively involved in protecting the environment and we operate to the highest standards of integrity.
Good governance and capacity building underpin everything we do.
For many years Crown Agents operated as a British public corporation and in 1997 we transferred to the private sector as a limited company owned by The Crown Agents Foundation.
Crown Agents services
Crown Agents works in partnership with governments and public sector bodies to boost economic growth by transferring skills, ideas and materials. We help governments to improve governance, increase access to healthcare and reduce poverty.
• Revenue and trade: Crown Agents works with tax, customs and trade administrations to build their capacity and achieve lasting institutional improvement. Through the provision of our consultancy services for tax reform, customs modernisation, trade facilitation and supporting ICT, we collaboratively transfer the knowledge and skills required by our clients to transform their performance.
• Public expenditure management: We work with governments to ensure that their structures and processes for managing public expenditure are aligned to delivering strategic priorities effectively and efficiently. Our expertise is in planning and budgeting, accounting standards and statistical reporting, audit, forecasting, debt and cash management, procurement and strengthening parliamentary oversight.
• Governance and public sector reform: Crown Agents helps governments to improve performance, meet policy objectives and meet the needs of their citizens. We work with central government, line ministries and the judiciary on institutional and organisational development, capacity building, human resource management, mentoring, appraisals and training programmes.
• Aid effectiveness and aid management: With governments and donors we help to ensure that aid is effectively distributed to achieve growth and development. Donors value our practical understanding of the demands of forecasting and managing aid while recipients appreciate our knowledge of donor requirements.
• Supply chain: Crown Agents delivers transparent, accountable and value for money services that cover the entire supply chain from needs assessment to delivery and payments. We are experienced in all development sectors including engineering, crisis response, transport, agriculture, education and climate. We have a specific expertise in the health sector which builds and strengthens professional health supply systems.
• Financial services: Crown Agents Bank is the UK''s leading bank for the disbursement of development aid and provides banking and other services to donors, governments, clients and other organisations. Through Crown Agents Investment Management, we provide portfolio investment management services for developing country governments, central banks, sovereign wealth funds and pension funds.
• Health system strengthening: We design practical solutions that improve access to healthcare by building sustainable institutions, organisations, systems and human capacity. We work with governments, non-governmental service providers and international donors, ensuring reliable health supply chain systems, designing governance arrangements, improving financial management and developing human resource strategies for the health sector.
international, development specialists, crown agents, development
See main listing - Crown Agents