David Harford Counselling and Psychotherapy
Edinburgh, Midlothian, EH6 7HN
- I am a member of the ITA (Institute of Transactional Analysis), which is itself a member organisation of the UKCP (United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy).
- I adhere to the ITA Code of Ethics, the Ethical Code of the European Association of Transactional Analysis (EATA) and, also, the strict supervision requirements of the UKCP.
- Having obtained an MA (Honours) degree in English Literature from the University of Edinburgh in 1998, I have over ten years of experience of working in the voluntary sector with people identified as having learning disabilities and mental health issues.
- Considerable experience with a variety of presenting issues, including depression, anxiety, stress, bereavement, anger management, self-harm, eating disorders, phobias and work with couples.
- Currently undergoing advanced training and professional development through the Counselling & Psychotherapy Training Institute (CPTI), which is located in the Newington area of Edinburgh. Private practice now well-established in Leith.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- All kinds of people can benefit from counselling, or psychotherapy, whether they are feeling distressed, or unwell, experiencing relationship difficulties, or simply wish to improve certain aspects of their lives.
- Potential clients will be offered a 30-minute assessment session which is free of charge. The purpose of this first session is to establish whether the client(s) and counsellor wish to work together.
- At the end of the assessment, should we reach agreement to begin a course of treatment, a deposit of ?10 is required towards the cost of the first session. This deposit covers my room hire costs in the event that you either cancel, or fail to arrive for your first session.
- Thereafter, clients will be required to pay for all subsequent sessions which will last for 50 minutes (80 mins for couples, 60 mins for e-counselling sessions). Those with limited funds may be able to agree the low i...
therapy, counsellor, psychotherapy, psychotherapist, counselling
See main listing - David Harford Counselling and Psychotherapy