Tilbury, Essex, Rm17 6QL
After the second world world, Langs was founded in 1946 by Fred Lang. Originally as a tool and engineers supplies for companies in the local area of Grays in Essex. Just after the war there was a boom time for British industry and ongoing repairs, improvements and rebuilding after the devastation that this had brought. Because Grays was on the outskirts of the London area, this was a perfect position to be in with a great deal of heavy industry within a five mile radius of Grays, from the Docks at Tilbury through to the West Thurrock power station and the Proctor and Gamble manufacturing site.
The company was intially founded in a small shop at number 14 Clarence Road in Grays; and through the rebuilding of London and the surrounding areas, the business thrived and in 1967, it was re-located to larger premises just down the road at number 44 Clarence Road, where the shop is still located today. Although, has expanded its capacity and services to meet the needs of its customers.
In recent years, British industry, our clientele, our clientele''s requirements and the local area have changed. And we, as a company, have moved on with the times; The surrounding area no longer has the manufacturing or heavy engineering of years past, now replaced with housing and retail outlets. This has meant Langs have evolved to keep pace of these changes. Going further afield, and focusing on the needs of the customer.
We asked ourselves. "Why should the customer shop at 10 different places to make their purchases? Why don''t we just forfill all their requirements? If we don''t have it, surely we can find it for them?"
And the answer was simple "They should just make one phone call, and we can supply everything!"
web design, power tools, hand tools, fastenings, diy and professional
See main listing - Langs Industrial