Reference Number. 102788
Sheaf Ecology is a South Yorkshire and North Derbyshire based environmental and ecological consultancy which provides a high quality yet cost effective service over a diverse range of environmental issues.
Sheaf Ecology consists of a team of highly experienced and skilled ecologists and environmental managers who pride themselves in delivering work to a high standard and professionally for both small and larger scale projects
The team fully understands the local planning system and therefore are able to provide sound and realistic advice on ecological matters throughout the development process from householder planning requests through to large scale development projects. Sheaf Ecology works closely with various specialists and associates to design and implement innovative site and project specific ecological solutions.
The Sheaf Ecology team have been involved in a wide range of projects including those for private developers (small and large scale), local authorities, national schemes, infrastructure and conservation projects.
Sheaf Ecology are able to provide a wide range of ecological services including:
- Protected species surveys, licensing and mitigation for great crested newt, bats, badger, water vole, etc
- Habitat surveys including phase 1, extended phase 1, woodland, NVC, hedgerow and tree-climbing assessments
- Habitat creation and mitigation including pond, wetland, woodland and grassland creation
- Specialist artificial habitat design and implementation (bat roosts, hibernacula, artificial badger setts, etc)
- Ecological site appraisals and biodiversity assessments (including pre-purchase assessments)
- Scoping and desktop surveys
- Compilation of management plans and post construction monitoring
- BREEAM assessments
- Advice to landowners and developers
- Invasive species surveys and control including Japanese knotweed