Academic writing is a daunting task, with many opportunities for errors of grammar, spelling and style to creep in during the stages leading up to submission.
Spotting these mistakes in your own writing, even after going over it multiple times, can be a nearly impossible task ? a fresh eye is needed.
Run by former university lecturer and experienced postgraduate supervisor and examiner Dr Richard Stibbard, Cheltenham Proofreading Services provides proofreading and copy-editing services of the highest standards, tailored to the requirements of academics, researchers and students, both native and non-native.
Examiners, supervisors and editors look for clear, unambiguous and precise writing in an appropriate style. Cheltenham Proofreading Services provides a personal service to help clients achieve these goals in their own writing.
Cheltenham Proofreading Services was founded by Dr Richard Stibbard, PhD, MA (TEFL/TESL), BA, Certificate in TEFL. Dr Stibbard has 15 years'' experience of supervising and teaching at university level on programmes in English for academic purposes, and academic writing in many fields and MA programmes in English Language Teaching and has reviewed papers for international refereed journals.
Three levels of service are offered, basic English proofreading, a more comprehensive copy-editing and writing improvement service, and private supervision.
The basic English proofreading service includes:
- Correcting errors in spelling and punctuation.
- Checking and amending grammatical errors
- Checking for consistent style and formatting
- Correcting bibliographic references and style
- Checking formatting (e.g. that font size and face are consistent throughout).
- Checking page numbering
- Checking headings
- Checking the table of contents and text
- Removing confusing word breaks and poor page breaks
- Liaising with the client to resolve any remaining queries.
The copy-editing service includes in addition ...